Our world is a handful of people who once worked hard to create this modern technological world you see today. These include our relatives, our parents and all those who took care of us. Today, in America more than 5 million of the older generation is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. And for those who have seen their agony- face to face- you will know what the real pain is when concerned with this disease.
So, with this in mind- we dedicate one whole month to care, love and remember all those who suffer from the disease. We need to support people who cannot cure this fatal disease. We need to be with them during their hard times, when they cannot control their emotions or cannot recognize people or even hurt others without their knowledge.
This month is the time for Alzheimer’s disease, where we as one team, can fight the possibilities on how to survive the disease, and also avoid the disease in a safe and controlled manner.
Why we need to do this?
The country holds a large number of services that provide care and service to such people, but will they be able to substitute the real family- their loved ones? Think about it. All of you know there is nothing better than home. But in life, maybe there may be circumstances where children may not be able to look after aged and the helpless.
We as a society can support, advise, hold their hands, and give them comfort and assurance that they are not alone to fight this disease all alone.
Only once you experience the time you spent with the less fortunate and the needy, you learn the value of life, and inculcate a culture to care for your elders. It is great initiative to encourage the younger generation to reach out to people who need them. The joy it brings to bot you and the person in need is precious beyond words.
What is being done for one whole month?
Yes, many wonder what is to be done in a 30 day period. So much can be done in a few hours, so why not in a month
First the main intention of the program is to educate people on what exactly Alzheimer’s is all about.
Second, caregivers need to be given a break in their job. They work round the clock for these helpless beings and yet no one recognizes the amount of patience and sincerity they put into this type of work. So, this one month, if other people volunteer to take care of patients, then it helps to mount off a great deal of work pressure from the caregivers.
One month all will feel good about the change in talks, in touch, in interactions and even the sick and their family members would love this difference. After all who does not like a change?
The benefits of Purple
- A Purple ribbon denotes Alzheimer’s during the month of November. A few benefits that can be seen within this good deed are:
- It helps people understand what exactly is Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Classes and interactive session between medical practitioners, care givers, patients, and their families are conducted within small clubs and everybody is regarded as one. All are allowed to express their doubts, their fears, their experiences and any latest developments in the world of medical science.
- Different options of cure are discussed making it a venue for families to take proper decisions for the patients.
- Also during this time, you can meet lawyers and accountants as per your request to question money related and will related matters, so that finance is taken care of before the person passes of or loses complete memory.
Finally, it is true that Alzheimer’s is a misery for both the person and the people taking care of them. But instead of feeling down, educate everyone on how to survive this better and people will be grateful for this one whole month of togetherness.