Pink is the new identity for Breast Awareness programs held during the month of October. Since this is a disease that affects women the most in the recent years, we do need to make women, men, and youngsters aware of what they can do to avoid it and also survive through breast cancer in the best way possible.
It almost serves a brand ambassador for breast cancer and people who support organizations and communities that work against breast cancer, wear pink clothes or adorn pink ribbons and help the word to be spread among millions of people.
In the month of October, people should join hands and minds together to campaign and spread more awareness about cancer and specifically breast cancer as it has taken lives of many of our women, created imbalances for the many families when their mothers get sick.
What you need to know about breast cancer?
In USA, more than 200,000 females aged 40 and above are being affected with breast cancer and a recent study revealed that more than 40,000 women perish away due to breast cancer.
Studies reveal that middle aged women who are leaning to the fatter side are more inclined to be affected by breast cancer. But women of younger ages do have to get themselves regularly checked.
Another important fact that you must have heard over the years, but still may have not taken seriously is that; the earlier cancer is detected, the better- as the chances of survival is higher. So stay updated, release all fears and know your body and more about breast cancer in the right manner.
Make a Difference by getting all pink!
It is not about dressing in pink, but it working towards the ultimate goal: help people wade away from the clutches of breast cancer. Some ways you can be a valuable element of this move:
- Invite doctors, health experts, and nurses to give classes, discussions and conduct presentations such that people get a clear idea of what they are dealing with. For this, you need to first talk to these medical experts and encourage them to be service minded and hold such free talks.
- Gather your friends, colleagues and also neighbors to help you organize an event. It should involve the society and help them be part of the arrangements and decision making of all that is concerned with the awareness campaigns.
- Conduct fund raiser sessions in schools, hospitals, corporate offices so that you can collect funds needed for the event and at the same time, it provides an indirect channel of advertisement. There may be many people who suffer in silence. Your broadcasting attempts will provide solace to many around your locality.
- You should make an effort to collect data on breast cancer survivors, women who passed away due to breast cancer and also their families and loved ones. These people are the most vital part of this event.
- You need to hear their voice, their pain, their anguish, their experiences, and it will serve two purposes:
- One is that – they will feel wanted and accepted into a society that wants to hear their story and also learn from them. It is a moral boost beyond words and you can be proud that you are the cause of curing a person to a small extent.
- Second is that- they are many people who love to know what is breast cancer. But many a times, their culture, families, society hinder their attempts. Provide this venue and be surprised to see how many people will welcome this idea with no inhibitions at all.
Today you could think and be part of a small event like this. Tomorrow, it could be source of motivation for our future generation to find an ultimate cure for breast cancer. So, each and every service of yours counts today.