Congenital Heart Valve Program
A program is one that is dedicated to the care and health of young children and many adults who suffer from congenital heart defects and involves heart valves that do not function properly. A large number of researchers and medical experts have investigated various aspects of the disease and developed new treatments for the same.
The first of its kind- it is a comprehensive epilepsy treatment unit especially for children and dedicated to provide the utmost care for pediatric epilepsy. They are recognized as the Level 4 Epilepsy Center according to the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
This therapy is known as the Laser Ablation Epilepsy treatment and only a very few medical centers offer such invasive therapies for children nowadays and Boston Children’s Hospital is one among them.
Why patients opt for them?
It is their service that makes them unique:
- They understand the feeling and thoughts that pass in the minds of young children and thereby deal with their anxiety accordingly.
- They are ready to answer all queries posed by parents and other caretakers or even the patients themselves.
- Honest explanations about what is going on in their bodies and what benefit the treatment will provide the patient in the long run will be clearly detailed out by doctors.
- They believe in a mission to make more children healthy, to recover from life threatening diseases and also relieve the tension from the minds of parents.
- More than money, the doctors try their best to provide the best service for every patient and for all ages.
Emily Morais to Heart Center at Boston Children's Hospital
“This weekend we celebrated our beautiful daughter, Mikayla's 1st birthday and that’s thanks to the amazing surgeons and staff on the 8th floor! Mikayla was born with a rare diagnosis of Pentalogy of Cantrell which included several heart defects an omphalocele and required 24/7 oxygen for the first 6 months of her life. We will never forget the wonderful care we received in the advanced foetal care centre after her diagnosis and the hope and compassion you gave us when we were told by many local doctors that the prognosis isn’t good. Words cannot express how grateful we are to the teams on the 8th floor for the care following the birth of our beautiful girl as well as the care she received during several stays for procedures, her open heart surgery and abdominal surgery. We are forever grateful to her amazing heart surgeon Dr. Emani for his hard work in Mikayla's life saving open heart surgery and for working together with her general surgeon Dr. Mooney for her abdominal surgery. Because of you all we have a healthy, bubbly, energetic baby girl!”
Boston Children's Hospital 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 617-355-6000 | 800-355-7944